My Brother and I Discuss Les Mis
Me: Gavroche's death was pretty awful.
My Brother: Yeah, it was.
Me: I mean, I'm glad it was offstage, but it was still heartbreaking.
My Brother: What's a little kid doing around the barricades anyway? They should have brought him home.
Comic Sans is a crime against humanity.
55 Reading Questions
1. Favorite childhood book?
2. What are you reading right now?
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
4. Bad book habit?
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favourite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
24. Favourite biography?
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favourite cookbook?
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
28. Favorite reading snack?
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favourite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Anon on. GO!
dontcallmeoscar: THE ARTIST.
lesmisphangirl asked: Campaign make a person happy: send this for the 10 tumblrs that you most admire. Send this to let them now that they are cherished and loved. That somewhere in the world, behind a screen there is a person who wants nothing but the best for you.
tcregan: thedarkestnightwillend: keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: That Ms. BitchSkankHoFace to you. Hor. FINE! One day, ENjorlas was walking down the street justa having a think. When he saw the most beautiful woman ever. Way more beautiful than that skank ho that goes to school with me. She had long ebony hair and really pale skin and pearly white teeth, and she looked just a little...
keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: I’d be a sell out if I wrote normal stuff. Fine. You want ‘normal’? HERE. “OH APOLLO, MY BEAUTIFUL APOLLO!” Grantaire slurred, from his dark corner. “SHUT UP GRANTAIRE, GOD YOU ARE RUINING THE MEETING!” Enjorlas shouted. He pushed back his brown hair (A/N Enjy is Ramin here lol b/c...
tcregan: inspectorkaramazova: keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: lebearit replied to your post: I know you guys all hate me now. Is it because I… Ugh, that necrophilia was SO insensitive. You don’t understand what real necrophiliacs go through, and here you are, fetishizing them for your own pleasures! How could you! This. ^^^^^^ Why don’t you write normal stuff? GAWD! Stuff WITHOUT...
grandpacolm: lol some girl just tweeted “Colm Wilkinson angers me” I’m sorry did he ruin your life too I hear you sister oh wait Maybe she’s angry because he is so perfect. And she will never match his perfection.
keeping-up-with-the-amis: tcregan: lebearit replied to your post: I know you guys all hate me now. Is it because I… Ugh, that necrophilia was SO insensitive. You don’t understand what real necrophiliacs go through, and here you are, fetishizing them for your own pleasures! How could you! This. ^^^^^^ Why don’t you write normal stuff? GAWD! Stuff WITHOUT maggots. I mean, you had a...
tcregan: I know you guys all hate me now. Is it because I wrote necrophilia? Is it?!?! It’s not because of the necrophilia. It’s because of the maggots, which are a million times grosser.
severusmakemealovepotion started following you i c u thaarrr
Today is national best friend day. Reblog if you...
mmejavert replied to your post: mmejavert replied to your post: I kind of wish I… It needs moonlight to grow, and you have to fertilise it with the menstrual blood of a virgin. I read this post while drinking milk. My mouth was full. I laughed and almost spewed all over my keyboard.
mmejavert replied to your post: I kind of wish I wasn’t terrified of everything. You have to plant it. And then it flowers. And then self-confidence sprouts under the second full moon in July. the second full moon, you say? I plant it, but it keeps dying before then. Should I keep it in the sun? I’ve just had it in the shadows in my closet.
I kind of wish I wasn't terrified of everything.
Where do people get self-confidence from? Can I find some under rocks? Does it grow on a farm? The world will never know.
ancslove replied to your post: So pretty much the only theater that has the movie I want to see is located in such a place that I need to take the highway. Take someone with you, either when you go or before, on a dry run to somewhere nearby. Someone who won’t backseat drive or make you nervous! Wish I could, but the only people in my house who could really coach me are: 1. My mom, who would be...
So pretty much the only theater that has the movie...
And this makes me so nervous that I’m considering not going. Because I have zero confidence in my driving ability. I mean, I’ve only been on the highway once. ohmygod what if I die?
ihopericksantorum: I hope Rick Santorum thinks Under Pressure is coming on the radio, only to realize it’s Ice Ice Baby.
Also, back from work.
Hai. Anything exciting happen today?
lebearit started following you
Les Miserables: A Cycle Repeats
lebearit: Anonymous asked you: E/R through the times. —- Read More I just read this ‘cause TC reblogged it and I admit I got a little teary at the end.
keeping-up-with-the-amis: inspectorkaramazova: Well, hey, I read about half of A View For the Future and I intend to finish it at some point and review. But I am also lazy as hell. And when I’m not being lazy as hell, I’m catching up on the work I didn’t do when I was being lazy as hell. Guro…is not my thing. Nor will it ever be. Even though I just learned what it was. Actually, gore and...
so I’m going to bed now, so I don’t end up eating this late. Night. Don’t eat all the girl scout cookies without me.
keeping-up-with-the-amis: inspectorkaramazova: keeping-up-with-the-amis: inspectorkaramazova replied to your post: Dear TC I didn’t know what guro was. I google imaged it. This was a bad idea. Different strokes for different folks, yo. Well Yes. But I am rather squeamish. Guts and intestines and blood are ew. Unless they are inside me. Where they belong. So I can ignore the fact that...
keeping-up-with-the-amis: inspectorkaramazova replied to your post: Dear TC I didn’t know what guro was. I google imaged it. This was a bad idea. Different strokes for different folks, yo. Well Yes. But I am rather squeamish. Guts and intestines and blood are ew. Unless they are inside me. Where they belong. So I can ignore the fact that they exist and not think about them. Being all...
your-gallifreyan-friend-in-221b: I blame Nathan Fillion for my unrealistic expectations of men.
mushroomofspite replied to your post: mushroomofspite replied to your post:… I still have my Civil War hat. And that Scottish one. Or I can wear my hipster scarf. No hipster scarf. please. You need something nearly as awesome as my Kermit hat. But seriously. Stop talking to me here. I’m spamming people’s dashes. We have skype. We are both online. So we can carry on...
mushroomofspite replied to your post: mushroomofspite replied to your post:… YES. Either that, or we can do a dramatic reading together sometime (me as Katie and you as Seelvah, of course) so we can read off my printed copy. You’ll need a funny hat.
mushroomofspite replied to your post: mushroomofspite replied to your post:… What? No. Nothing is like the Seelvah voice because only you can do it properly. Her voice was kind of nasally and higher-pitched than that. Oh my god. I need to transcribe that story sometime. So I can do a dramatic reading. This needs to happen. YOU ARE FREE MY CHILD.
mushroomofspite replied to your post: mushroomofspite replied to your post: so I have to… Nope. Figures. Was it anything like the SEELVAH voice?
mushroomofspite replied to your post: so I have to listen to his long-winded powerpoint presentation on Dickens. Last year there was a girl in my class who insisted on reading everything out loud with a British accent. And the class was American Lit. ugh. Was it a good accent at least?
and now she's recapping A Christmas Carol.
good god this thing is only half over.
so I have to listen to his long-winded powerpoint...
Now I feel really bad that my project was so long. I really hope it’s not as boring as this one is. At least I didn’t try and keep up a bad accent the entire time. And I didn’t recap Oliver Twist. Although I did read the entirety of Rikki Tikki Tavi. So I guess that’s almost as bad. But at least it was a reading and not just summary.
So now I have nothing to look foward to for...
Guess I’ll just count down the days until John Owen-Jones’ newest cd is released. because ohmygod he covers Being Alive on it. Which is probably close to my favourite song of all time. And was also the one song I really, really wanted to hear him sing.
I like Bob Dylan because when I sing along, I...